Sunday, December 20, 2009

Charity Gift Wrap

When I was recently in New York serving as a judge for the Scotch Brand Most Gifted Wrapper Contest, I also had the privilege to work with some amazing and talented people at the Felissimo Design House for a charity wrapping event. I used recycled and reused materials to create the gifts for this event.

When people had gifts for me to wrap, I would ask them about the person I was wrapping for so I could customize the gift. I also had them get involved by having them choose the colors and buttons for the gifts. I loved watching their reaction as I created each design just for the recipient. They loved the final result and each person was so happy to be giving such a unique and personalized gift. The final words that were said to me by almost every person was “Thank you so much, I can’t wait to see their face when they see this gift! It’s like a piece of art.”

Gifts created with reused and recycled materials have so much character and each one tells a different story.

This gift was created for a man who was described as fun loving and colorful person. I had the person I was wrapping for pick all of the buttons. I threaded them on blue yarn that I randomly wound around the gift wrapped in white, textured paper.


This design was created for a lady whose favorite color is red, very artsy and loves to read. I used strips of book pages, red file folders, yarn and a button to create this gift.


This recycled look was created for a lady who is a librarian. I layered linen fabric over brown paper wrapping and accented it with a fringe I made from old dictionary pages. I finished the design with red string and a button. I think it has an old style book appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment