Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Muted Tones and Double-Sided Scrapbooking Paper

I love working with muted tones and subdued colors — they make such elegant designs. I found some double-sided scrapbooking paper in a cardstock weight with a beautiful pattern on one side and a coordinating solid on the other both in soft shades. It is so much easier to create a project when you already have the perfect color combination all on one piece of paper. I always save money when I find a double-sided paper I like because I don’t have to buy additional paper to match the colors. There were a few different designs of scrapbooking paper in the same palette so I purchased them all. The colors just spoke to me as if they were saying “please take home and make something beautiful with me”.

I also bought a stem of soft colored wedding flowers and several vibrant colors of ribbon that I wanted to mix into the design. All of the materials were purchased at a local Michaels craft store.

Here are the mini gift bags I created with these items for my daughter's end-of-the-year teacher gifts. They were so easy to create and looked beautiful! I was very happy with my color choices. I only used one side of the scrapbooking paper for this design. I will post more projects using these materials soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment